The Florida Contest Group
The Florida Contest Group (FCG), an ARRL affiliated club, is Florida’s amateur radio contest club. It’s members share a common interest in the sport of amateur radio contesting. FCG members have a wide range of contesting experience, from beginners to World Champions. They willingly share their knowledge and skills to promote ham radio contesting in Florida. Members, who number in excess of 300, range from Jacksonville to South Florida. FCG has a “Panhandle” division for those contesters living in the Florida Panhandle who are outside the ARRL’s 175 mile “club circle”.
The Florida Contest Group supports and encourages all types of contesting, from HF to light, all modes, power classes and skill levels.
HamCation QSO Party
K4H – W4A – K4M – W4C – N4A – K4T – W4I – K4O – W4N
Work all Special Event “H A M C A T I O N” Stations for a Certificate
- February 13, 2021 – 10am EST, (1500z) to 10pm EST, (0300z), Feb 14
- 80m, 40m, 20m 15m, 10m – CW & SSB – Anybody work Anybody
- Call “CQ HamCation” on SSB or “CQ HC” on CW
- Exchange: Name, State/Prov/DX, Local high Temperature (F or C)
- Score: 1 point per QSO plus 100 points for working all 1×1 “HAMCATION” stations (must work both “A” stations)
- Log not required. Report score to www.3830Scores.com by Feb 19th
- Rules: https://www.hamcation.com/special-event-station
Keeping In Touch
Communications is key to amateur radio. The Florida Contest Group uses several methods to communicate with its members, including frequent area meetings, the Gazette newsletter and a club e-mail reflector, . All of these methods are used to inform members of what the club is doing, and to encourage, support and help each other in our contest activities.
While the ARRL no longer specifies meeting requirements for club members, the FCG continues to hold face-to-face meetings as often as possible. These meetings are typically held annually in conjunction with the Melbourne Hamfest in October and the Orlando Hamcation in February. Occasionally, meetings are also held at members’ homes. Non-members are welcome to attend to find out more about the FCG or about contesting in general.
The Florida QSO Party